Monday 27 September 2010

I am so thankful to God because he has given me back one of my greatest loves. For 6 months I have had no voice and no ability to sing, but now I am blessed because a song has returned to my voice. My speech therapist discovered that even though I cannot talk right now miraculously I can sing. God has taken my speaking, he has taken my job but he has left me my singing, my ability to worship through song. My God promised he would return my song to me and he has kept his promise; so I rejoice. After not singing for 6 months I am able to sing with the congregation, praise God! Now it is my responsibility to ensure I offer my voice as a sacrifice to God, he has given me a gift and all glory must be given to Him.

written: 27.09.10

You are a God of hope,
A God of certainty,
A God of promise,
You Lord have blessed me beyond comprehension.
Your have kept your word to me.
What a gift I have found in your promise,
A radiant beauty in your grace.

I rejoice over you my Lord for you have placed a song in my heart and a melody on my lips.
You Lord have restored my gift,
Renewed my voice,
Strengthened my worship.

You Lord hold all in your mighty hands,
You paint my future with your meticulous eye,
You guide me with your everlasting light.
In times of trouble you are my strength,
In danger you are my refuge,
In brokenness you are my healing.

My Lord,
My God,
My Saviour.
Your resurrection power has lifted me,
Has gifted me,
Has blessed me beyond all human knowledge.

My Lord,
My God,
My Saviour,
May my voice be a sacrifice of praise to you alone,
Take my song,
Accept my offering,
Let it be for you alone.

For you.
In you.
And by you.
Belonging to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment